Ryan went and taught at a high school this morning. He was leaving later that evening to spend the night in another area so he could teach again the next day. We took the kids with us to pick up the rental car for him. Then we went to the mall to eat together before he headed out of town. When we were pulling into the Provo Towne Center parking lot Ryan asked Emily if she'd ever been to a mall. She said very excitedly, "No, but I've seen it on t.v. and in magazines!" Ryan and I just looked at each other and cracked up. So, in my defense, I let her know that I had taken her to the mall in Billings, MT to get some school shoes. I'm sorry, but the Rimrock Mall experience does not compare to where we were. The kids squeeled with delight as they saw the two-story-high christmas tree, a giant ballerina, giant nutcracker, giant train and many other decorations for the holidays. It was fun to see them so excited! There were so many things to look at on the way up to the dining area.
Before we got into the mall we were talking to the kids about the escalators and what they do. That was a fun experience in itself for the kids. They kept wanting to ride them up and down. We let them do it a couple of times. I kept thinking to myself, what other experiences have my kids missed out on.





2 comments:
Looks like you had a great time! I think that is so cute that she said that. Sometimes I wonder what my kids tell other people when I'm not there to correct them:) So fun!
Do we really live that sheltered of a life that our kids don't know what the mall is?! Is that so bad? I lived in the mall as a teenager and I probably could have been doing something much more productive.
Post a Comment