Today was another nice, warm, sunny day! The kids went out and had a picnic in the yard under the apple tree. They took their stuffed animals on the adventure. Afterwards they made a pile of leaves and were jumping in them. Fabulous fall day!

It's been a busy week for me. I'm tired just thinking back on it. Ryan and I dressed up as Dracula and a witch for a Halloween party (adults only). It was really fun playing games, talking with friends, meeting new ones, and DANCING! I actually got Ryan on the dance floor. He always says he doesn't dance but I love dancing with him and we have fun! I made some yummy orange caramel popcorn for a treat that night.

For Family Home Evening we went to Mike and Deanna Calvin's house to eat dinner with their family and carve pumpkins. There were so many of us that we set up tables in their garage so everyone would fit. It was a nice evening!

I finished sewing the kid's costumes for Halloween. Jared and Ashley wore their costumes Tuesday morning for story time at the library. Every year the Elementary school has a Halloween parade where they all walk outside around the school and us parents can go watch and take pictures. It's fun for the kids to dress up in their costumes and show them off. I took the little kids to the school to watch Emily and Jacob in their parade. Afterwards each class had their class parties. I took in some decorated cupcakes into Emily's class.

Tuesday night we took the kids out to the Yellowtail Habitat, a public hunting area about 15 minutes from town. Right before we got there all four kids were asleep! Actually, it made for a nice, quiet ride. Ryan and I were able to have a nice conversation. When they did wake up they got out with dad to glass for deer. Later, I dropped Ryan and his 10 month old pup off to look for birds. She did a great job pointing some pheasants, Ryan was very pleased!

I helped decorate and set up for the school's Halloween carnival on Tuesday night and Wednesday afternoon. I took the four kids to the carnival Thursday night. Ryan had an Elders Quorum service project that night so he wasn't able to go. We did just fine! The kids had so much fun! I was telling my mom how I love living in a small town and knowing everyone. I feel more comfortable letting my kids go off to the different game stations on their own while I'm waiting for the little ones to finish what they're doing.

I went hunting a couple times this week with Ryan. Last night we had the kids go to Grandma Mangus' house while Ryan and I went out. It was really fun, relaxing and exciting! I rode with him on the back of the four wheeler up on a ridge. We were talking about how we hadn't ridden a four wheeler together in the mountains for about nine years. We were the only ones up there and there were a few trucks below scoping out deer. We had quite the view up where we were sitting. It was beautiful and peaceful! There were a couple small groups of does with a few young bucks in with them. We watched them as they worked their way down the hillside. Towards dusk we saw three young bucks on the skyline butting heads and grazing. It was really enjoyable! I chose not to take one of them even though they were standing broadside and would have been an easy shot for me. I'll probably regret it! I've already heard that the young bucks are good and tender to eat.

Tonight after dinner we enjoyed our time with the kids playing Bingo and reading books to them. I love the memories we make!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sound like you did have a busy week! It seems like that always happens around Halloween, then again around Christmas. It is great to stay busy though!!(it keeps us on our toes!!:)

dcalvin said...

You really amaze me Adrienne, you really had a wonderfully busy week and yet when I see you you look awesome and never seem harried! kudos to you for making the kids cute costumes too! Thanks for sharing FHE with us it was so nice to have you and your family with us!