Mom has guts

Ryan has been out of town for five days on a business trip. The kids and I have been doing good and have been having a nice time. Well, one night at dinner, Emily said the prayer. About half the time someone will complain about dinner or not eat. We've gotten on them before for doing that and told them to appreciate what we have. Well, she prayed so they "wouldn't be so picky anymore" and then said, "Please bless Mom because she had guts to make this dinner." Oh my word! I smiled and was laughing inside. She was dead serious too! When she was done, I said thank you, and excused myself from the table. I couldn't help but laugh !

4 comments:

dcalvin said...

O my goodness that is just too cute! I can just hear Emily saying it too as serious as can be. Thanks for giving me a laugh and some smiles today!

Emily S. said...

So I have to know what you made for dinner!!!!

Adrienne and Ryan Mangus said...

LOL! It was Lasagna and brussle sprouts. :) It wasn't as bad as it sounds, they've had them before. Emily ate all of hers!

Brett and Desiree said...

Brett & I laughed so hard! All I can think of is Ricky's mom's dinners from "Better Off Dead"; I'm sure your meals aren't THAT bad!:)