It's cold outside!

All winter long we've been wanting to get the four wheeler out and pull the kids on their sled behind it. After I picked up the kids the other day I decided to do this fun activity. Emily was reading her book and didn't want to right then, but Jacob did! I had him put on his snow suit and a ski mask because it was cold out. I had a scarf around my face as I pulled him around the yard and up and down the alley for about 10-15 mins., upon his request. After we were done we jumped back into the mini van to get warmed up. I had left the little ones in the warm van while we were sledding. Well, Jared wanted to be next. I bundled him up too and had him wear the ski mask. I pulled him around for 5-10 mins. We had so much fun!! We all went inside after that. Ryan got home shortly after and he said it was -5 degrees outside. No wonder it was cold! Of all days I chose to pull the kids on the sled! Oh boy!
The next morning it was -27 degrees and I wondered if they'd cancel school. No such luck. I made sure the kids wore their snow pants and everything else I could fit on them! It's cold outside!

2 comments:

J.J. said...

That is very cold, there is no way I would have been able to do that. I am a wimp when it comes to cold weather.
Your a great mom!

dcalvin said...

Sounds like you and the boys had fun even if it was FREEZING cold. I love the memories I have of sledding behind the pickup. You are a great mom!