The Thaw

Doesn't that look yummy! Here our year old freezer quit, and of course, it's not under warranty anymore. I had noticed the food I put in (bread, hot dogs, waffles, etc...) was not freezing. Thank goodness all the meat that had been processed was still mostly frozen. We had our deer, elk and beef in there. Well, each day that went by there was more meat that would thaw. We've been eating well each night, but hadn't planned on eating all of our steaks at once. The other night I had cooked five roasts in the crock pots. I shredded them and froze them for later, along with the beef stock. It's been more of a pain than anything. I do realize we're blessed that none of it spoiled.

The repair man did come today and temporarily fixed it until the new parts come in next week. It was nice to go in, after he left, and feel everything hardening up so quickly. What a relief!

3 comments:

Tracy said...

I'm so sorry!! In the past we have lost a full freezer of meat...not only once, but twice!! Long stories!! Glad your meat was salvageable!!

dcalvin said...

I too am glad that things weren't worse than they were. It is still such a mess and disappointment to boot to go to the freezer and see things thawed.

Emily S. said...

Bailey got our freezer open once and we lost everything in there! good thing you caught yours before it was too late!