Yellowstone 2009

Yesterday we went to Yellowstone. We can't believe we hadn't gone for a couple of years. It was SO much fun, and SO beautiful!

The flowers were in full bloom.

Emily overlooking the river, after we hiked up a little hill. She said it felt good feeling the cool breeze blow on her.

Jacob was having fun playing down by the river.

Jared was having fun climbing around on some rocks.

I had Ashley sit on this stump during our picnic. She was reluctant to put her sandwich and drink down that she'd been carrying around.

Ryan and Ashley at the Fishing Bridge (when she scrunches up her nose, she's smiling).

This was me after cleaning up our picnic. The mosquitoes were pretty bad and we forgot to bring spray. I went over to the neighboring picnickers and asked to borrow theirs. Let this be a lesson to you!

Our family LOVES being outdoors!




















We saw so many beautiful things! Here are pictures of the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone, and Old Faithful.


It rained for a little while. While we were driving to the next spot we saw a bunch of lily pads.











We saw LOTS of buffalo!
At one point we thought construction was ahead, because traffic was backed up for miles. Well, it was because people were stopping and looking at a couple of buffalo mamas and their calves. We couldn't believe it! It was neat seeing them so close to the road, but it was a LONG, SLOW two miles!
(we saw the bull on the left earlier that day)

This beaver didn't mind people taking his picture. It was pretty neat watching him!

There was a beautiful rainbow to end our FANTASTIC day!

3 comments:

Jaime said...

Great pictures! It looks like you guys had an awesome day together! I love Yellowstone Park too. We are going there Aug. 1st and 2nd for Whitney's birthday. We will be staying in West Yellowstone and going to the PlayMill! Fun times! WE are very excited!

Megan said...

What a beautiful family you have! I also love the great pictures of Yellowstone... I haven't been back since the first time Nick brought me up to Cowley (in 2003)! Seeing your pictures makes me want to plan a trip there!

Steph T. Nate said...

I love Yellowstone!