Best Babysitter

Tonight I went with some friends to an ornament exchange party. Ryan babysat. It was so quiet when I came home. He had two kids asleep and he and the other two were watching "Polar Express". Nice job Dad! (He always does a great job! Thank you Ryan!)

We still have the baby swing in our living room and it sits low to the ground. Ryan said Ashley crawled into it, he gave her a bottle, and she fell asleep. So sweet and peaceful!

This is the ornament I got tonight. It is very neat! It is filled with bird seed but has little items mixed in with it that you can try and find. There is a list with all the items inside the bulb attached to the bow. I love this picture of Daddy and daughter!

These are the treats I made for the party.
"Pretzel Kisses"- Place a layer of mini pretzels on a cookie sheet. Put one Hershey kiss on top of each pretzel. Bake at 250 degrees for 3-5 minutes. When you pull the pretzels out of the oven push one M&M on top of each one. The chocolate should be soft enough to push the M&M to the bottom. (Candy cane Hershey kisses and Christmas M&M's were used in the above picture. Use any kind of Hershey kiss that is desired.)
This is a fast, yummy and easy treat the kids can help with.

"Candy Cane Crispies" - Make rice crispy treats as normal. Sprinkle and press the crushed candy canes on top of the rice crispy treats. Very simple and good!

**Notice the better quality of pictures! (I've been taking pictures with my phone camera for the last month and they just don't compare.) Well, my WONDERFUL husband bought me a very nice camera as an early Christmas present. I'm snapping pictures right and left just so I can use it:)

2 comments:

Emily S. said...

That is such a fun ornament idea! Great pictures and lucky you getting a new camera!!

dcalvin said...

I loved the ornament idea too, I think I may have to use it! Thanks for sharing the cute and yummy recipes too. I love the picture of Ryan and the kids all on the couch together.