Christmas Shopping--Oh My!!

Yesterday morning Ryan and I went to the dentist (the two little kids were with us). We drove separately so I could go shopping afterward and he could go back to work. We got everything done there and went our separate ways. I was a little pressed for time since I had to be back for the kid's Christmas concert that evening.
When I hurriedly came out of Walmart it was cold, windy, and there was snow in the parking lot from the storm a couple days before, making it very hard to push the cart! I was trying to keep the blanket over the baby to block her from the wind, she didn't want that at all! My cart is stacked high, I have stuff stacked low, my baby is crying and throwing her blanket off of herself, I'm trying to keep Jared close and head off into the parking lot. But, before I begin my journey, the man who was standing outside ringing the Salvation Army bell handed me a big teddy bear for my kids. Hard to tell what I looked like if he was the one giving me charity--it should have been the other way around! LOL! I head off into the snow filled parking lot now with a big bear, dragging my cart from the front, throwing the baby blanket on the crying baby, telling Jared to stay by me and to watch for cars, and pushing the things on the bottom of the cart back on over and over. Oh boy, what a chore! Luckily, two wonderful ladies asked if I needed help, if it wasn't apparent, and so I laughed, thanked them, and we made it to the van with a team effort.
That was the longest 5-10 minutes of my life!

0 comments: